This is an update for those trying to install VUE on Mountain Lion OSX 10.8. Mountain Lion is the first version of OSX to introduce Gatekeeper a security suite designed to prevent you from installing apps installed from sources other than the Mac Store, and apps signed with Apple's Developer ID. At this time, VUE is not available through the Apple store nor have we have signed VUE with an Apple Developer ID. We do plan to do these things soon, in order to offer VUE users better Mountain Lion compatibility. However, if you wish to use VUE on Mountain Lion in the interim, and have not already installed VUE in an earlier version of OSX (pre-10.8), you need to complete the following steps.
1. How do I know I am affected by this?
If you've downloaded VUE, only to get the message:
Then gatekeeper is preventing VUE from running but providing a less than useful error message.
2. If you've confirmed you have this problem, open your system preferences, and select Security and Privacy:
3. Unlock the Security Panel so you can make changes:
4. Change your Gatekeeper settings to allow software form anywhere by doing the following:
5. Re-lock the control panel
6. Now you will be able to launch VUE. Once you've run VUE once and closed it you can if you wish reset your Gatekeeper settings.
This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 05/14/2013 18:24:32