If this is your first visit to the new VUE forums, you can login using the same username and password you currently use on VUE's website. If you need an account, please create one through VUE's website. If you have problems, please contact us via the contact form on http://vue.tufts.edu
How I found a SIMPLE SOLUTION to the scaling problem with VUE on a Surface Pro 4 (as it affects the cross-platform Java Runtime Environment this solution should work with other high-DPI computers too) -
1. Using File Explorer find the javaw.exe file that was installed with VUE:
For me with a default windows installation on Windows 10 this was in C:\Program Files (x86)\VUE\jre\bin
2. right-click javaw.exe ->Properties
3. Go to the Compatibility tab
4. Check 'Override high DPI scaling behaviour'
5. For 'scaling performed by' choose 'System'
Problem solved - all icons and menus now appearing at a usable size!