If this is your first visit to the new VUE forums, you can login using the same username and password you currently use on VUE's website. If you need an account, please create one through VUE's website. If you have problems, please contact us via the contact form on http://vue.tufts.edu
First a big thank you for this very simple to use yet very versatile software. Personally I use it as some sort of "clickable brain dump" and it helps me a lot for storing and organizing my knowledge and thoughts and linking them to local and remote digital resources. In one word it's a brilliant software, a very good "intelligence augmentation" tool, well done guys !
Here is my wish list:
1) A "Save all" button and shortcut. To be able to save all open maps easily.
2) Having a "back" and "forward" buttons and shortcuts (like in web browsers). I link and navigate a lot between all my open VUE maps and being able to easily go to the previously visited maps (back and forth) would be nice !
3) Highlighting neighboring links and nodes. In the "Preferences" option I would like to be able to activate a Mode where when you hover over a Node with the mouse, this node and all its links and immediately linked nodes are highlighted (like some sort of neuronal spread activation).
4) VUE node as URL. I link a lot VUE maps with each other. But often I would like to link more precisely to a node within a VUE map i.e. being able to "copy as hyperlink" a VUE node (let's name it "A") and paste the hyperlink into the "Add URL" window of another node (let's name it "B"). Then when I click on node "A" resource, VUE would select node "B" (possibly in another map).
5) Being able to have the same text formatting possibilities in a node as with the "rich text" notes.
6) When adding an URL to a node ("Add URL") avoiding the big increase in height of the node shape: this is really penalizing in terms of space optimization.
7) As previously mentioned by other users, being able to nicely show/hide the different conceptual dimensions/layers within a map.