First let me thank You for great piece of software as I know how much work it needs to be done right. Also let me add that I'm more like a new user and recently I've been using mindmaps (Freemind) a lot so some of these comments incorporate this experience as this piece has great potential in my view.
Ok so what's not exactly right in my opinion?
* When placing an image inside Map and then resizing node thumb inside is not scaled (and that would be a desirable feature, I think)
* It would be nice if we could have keyboard customized mappings/schemes similar to Freemind (or just let us customize it ;) like adding child nodes (or nodes linked to current one)
* Folding nodes linked to parent one to save view space
* Docking of windows like palette (on a toolbar for example), dock and auto hide/show info window from the side (like photoshop or visual studio) also tabbing these windows etc. in case we want all of them active but dont want them to cover whole screen.
* More ubiquitous control with mouse..like:
- ability to pan view by dragging with Right Mouse Button pressed
- zooming to cursor (zooming works but to center of map not to cursor position)
* Also it would be nice to be able to embed images (not links to images/audio/video/files in nodes permanently, in case we would delete it from harddrive. It forces us to create bigger files, but You could leave that choice to users)
I think nothing more comes to my mind at this hour. Thanks I hope at least some of these features are possible (maybe allow configuring this behaviour for people that are more used to what is present now, but in my experience with Freemind most of these features are really improving productivity.
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/25/2009 21:38:05