We are pleased to announce our Beta (1 of 2) release of VUE 3.0.
This release includes some previews of features that will be included in our final VUE 3.0 release, due October 2009, as well as enhancements to address some of the requests from our users.
Some of changes you'll notice:
- Menu and keyboard shortcuts reorganization for a better user experience
- The ability to expand and collapse node content (View-> Collapse Node)
- Resizing of images controlled at individual node level (No longer a global choice in Preferences. Now at: Format-> Image)
- Multiple dataset functions, including the joining of datasets to create map associations.
- Enhanced layout options for large datasets/maps.
- Modified pruning function to address circular maps.
- Summary of map statistics (Windows -> Map Info)
- Resources/OSIDs have now been moved to our local server.
- The Resources window has been renamed "Content" window, and contains 3 tabs: Resources, Datasets, Ontologies
- The addition of a VUE plug-in for use with Zotero (2.0 beta only)
- Thanks to all of our volunteer translators, VUE now includes language interfaces for English, French, Spanish, Russian, Bulgarian, Hungarian, German, Chinese, Greek, and Portuguese!
The beta release can be downloaded in the "Experimental Corner" of the VUE website Download section:
As always, please note that this is a work in progress, and that some of the functionality might not be stable at this point. We appreciate your feedback in helping us identify any issues.
The VUE team.
This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 10/02/2009 12:45:16