We are pleased to announce our Beta 2 release of VUE 3.0.
This release includes some previews of features that will be included in our final VUE 3.0 release, due October 2009, as well as enhancements to address some of the requests from our users.
Some of the changes you'll notice:
- We've added the concept of backward and forward actions to the main toolbar, these help users navigate a trail of viewed segments of their maps.
- Snow Leopard support, VUE has been adapted to support changes to Java in Apple's Snow Leopard release.
- Additional SEASR analytics support - located under the analysis menu, this window gives you an easy way to interact with SEASR flows.
- ContentDM 1.1b, Pubmed, and Museum of Fine Arts datasources have been added to the new Datasource Repository
- Image rendering performance improvements
- Preference for handling image quality in node icons
- VUE-1478 vue-leopard-anchor becomes visible after resolution change
-VUE-1564 add a resource bug
-VUE-1529 Drawing node 1st time in VUE - reverts back to orange color
-VUE-1422 Text tool: first time I create a text object on map, font size is 0 or 1
-VUE-1543 Text tool defaults to 1 pt size
-VUE-1547 Problems saving to a directory with a "." in the pathname.
-VUE-1174 Loose toolbar when changing screen resolution in full screen mode
-VUE-1439 Add back/forward buttons to toolbar
The beta release can be downloaded in the VUE website Download section:
As always, please note that this is a work in progress, and that some of the functionality might not be stable at this point. We appreciate your feedback in helping us identify any issues.
The VUE team.
This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 10/02/2009 12:45:41