Dear VUE community,
A new VUE 3 Beta 4 release is now available. While the VUE 3 release is being greatly anticipated, we would like to make available to you our latest build which includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
- New heap settings for improved memory management
- Many fixes to the image performance code
- Fix for hard crash with images
- Fixes to the Search code
- Quick Import menu command & interface (now adds dataset to dataset window)
- tool bar changes -- added back Launch Presentation and Expanded Selection
- Revised "Remove Resource" (now removes image too) A new menu item allows to "Remove resource and keep image"
- Rapid Prototyping changes (click on map to deselect selection, click on map again to create new node)
- Text tool bug where size doesn't update correctly (caused by latest fix to make objects not jump in size)
- Gather Windows functionality (bring windows back to center when windows jump off screen when changing screen resolution)
- New JStor DFR OSID
- Fixed save as to filenames with . in the middle of the filename
- Fixed datatree not rendering under linux in Sun JDK
- Added 'add image from flickr' for multiple selection
- Added underline to the format menu
- Zotero Plugin Fixed UTF-8 encoding problems
- Restored ability to save resources to Zotero
- Added SEASR analysis to applet and Zotero builds
- Added the ability to stop a SEASR analysis while its happening to prevent hangs
- Fixed shortcut window and log window falling behind application
- Added LOD drawing for LWText
- XML Refresh problem for Datatree
- Fixed presentation problem where map would paint tiny in upper left corner of screen
- Removal of ability to add VUE 2 style RSS Feeds
Link Search is a new option in the Results combo box on the Search window. If Link is the chosen option, a new node will be created on the map and the nodes found by the search will all be linked to the new node. The found nodes will be clustered around the new node. The cluster action can be undone with the undo menu command, and the creation of the new node and links can be undone with a second undo menu command.
We are thrilled to announce that VUE is now available in Italian and that work has begun on translating VUE into Slovak. The French, Portuguese, Greek, and Chinese translations have been revised to reflect the most recent UI changes. Many thanks to all translators for your incredible contributions to this project!
Stay tuned for the VUE 3 RELEASE in JANUARY!
The VUE team
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/03/2010 16:40:18